Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We comply with South African data protection legislation - the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and as such, we have strict security procedures in place in respect of both the storage and the disclosure of any information that you have provided to us.
Please note, Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd never shares any information about you with any unaffiliated third party unless authorised by you or required to do so by law or compliance with our regulatory obligations.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and gender
- contact information including telephone numbers and email address
- demographic information such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process sales and orders and arrange delivery thereof.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes - but only if you have explicitly told us you are happy for us to do so. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd will only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. Data will not be further processed in any manner incompatible with these purposes.
- Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd cannot use your Personal Data for new, different or incompatible purposes from that disclosed when it was first obtained, unless your consent is received.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to you based on your consent, the option for you to revoke your consent (unsubscribe) will be clearly available and systems are in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd's systems.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All user's private information that is uploaded to our website is kept secure on our servers using the latest Secure Socket Layer encryption technology available. This encryption technology protects both your personal details that you add to our site as well as any payment card information.
Credit card transactions are processed by PayGate (Pty) Ltd or SnapScan (from Standard Bank) using Secure Socket Layer encryption. Credit Card details are only exposed to PayGate (Pty) Ltd in order to process the payment transaction and these details remain with PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are a PCI-compliant company.
While all of the above has been done to ensure strong protection of your personal details on the internet, we still cannot guarantee 100% security of this information. No one can unfortunately :(
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. It is also used to pass information from one page on the website to another. So cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and the actions you perform on the site. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online, which means that third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website. We also use these cookies to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
Finally, we use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting in order to serve the needs of our customers as best we can by gaining insights into their age, gender and interests. None of this information is used by us to personally identify you. We use only the aggregate information to inform our business decision making through statistical analysis.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not, and more importantly, it allows us to keep a record of the products you add to your shopping cart so you don't have to start from scratch whenever you re-visit the website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website, and certain features may stop working altogether.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want to opt in to receiving direct marketing communications from us
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Company Secretary, Morenga Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd, P.O. Box 279, Sunninghill, Johannesburg, 2157, South Africa.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.